Course: Linux System Programming:
JNTUH, CS403ES, CS408ES, Operating Systems Lab
- Introduction to basic Linux Operating System and System Calls.
- Files and Directories Permissions and Handling (open, create, read, write, close, lseek, dup etc.)
- Process and Signals related system calls (fork, exec, kill, raise, alarm, pause, abort, sleep).
- Inter Process Communication (IPC) related System Calls (like pipe, Named Pipes, message queue, shared memory, semaphore etc).
- Understanding Locking, Deadlocks and Deadlock Avoidance
- Unix Domain Socket Programming
Duration: 30 hours Theory, 90 hours Practical (Recommended)